Premium Organic Jasmine Fragrance Brown Rice 2kg + FREE Organic Red Rice 200g
PREMIUM QUALITY ORGANIC JASMINE FRAGRANCE BROWN RICE
AWARDED 3 YEARS IN A ROW THE ‘WORLD’S BEST RICE’ IN THE RICE TRADER WORLD CONFERENCE
Certified by BCS
Adhered to International Standard
No Pesticides or Chemical used
High in Dietary Fiber and Calcium
Brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice and makes for a healthy, yet filling meal. Cooking brown rice is easy and basic, but it takes a little more water and time than regular white rice. Here’s how to do it, using multiple cooking methods.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40-50 minutes
- Total time: 50-60 minutes
1 Select a large saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- A large saucepan is better for cooking rice than a smaller one as it has a greater cooking surface. This allows the water in the saucepan to heat more evenly, leading to a greater level of consistency in the cooked rice.
- A tight fitting lid prevents steam from escaping when cooking.
2 Measure the rice. One cup of uncooked rice will yield approximately three cups of cooked rice. Rinse the rice thoroughly in a sieve or strainer until the water runs clear. Add to saucepan.
- For softer rice, soak the grains in cold water for 45 minutes to an hour before cooking. This allows the water to penetrate the outer bran layers.
- Optionally, you can heat a little oil in the saucepan over medium heat and fry the rice for a moment before adding the water. This helps build flavor, but is definitely optional.
3 Measure the water. Add 2 1/2 cups of water for every cup of brown rice. Lightly salt the water with about a teaspoon of salt. Stir once.
- Other liquids, such as vegetable or chicken stock are also good for cooking rice and adding flavor.
- It is important to accurately measure the correct amount of water or broth for the amount of rice you’re cooking, otherwise your finished product might turn out burnt or mushy.
4 Bring the saucepan to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covering the saucepan with a lid, until the rice is tender and the majority of liquid has been absorbed. Cooking time will vary according to the stove used.
- Brown rice usually takes between 40 and 50 minutes to cook, however, you should begin checking it after 30 minutes to prevent it from burning.
- Simmer the rice on the coolest burner on your stove, or on a simmer ring. The rice should be bubbling very slightly, or at it’s “lowest bubble.
5 Leave to rest. Once the rice has finished cooking and all the water has boiled off, leave it to rest, with the lid on, for a minimum of five minutes. The rice will firm up as it cools slightly, allowing you to serve long, fluffy, unbroken grains of rice.
- After the resting period, remove the lid and fluff up the rice with a fork – it should be light and fragrant!
- Serve immediately, or let the rice cool for half an hour then refrigerate for future lunches.
In the Oven
1 Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375F (191C).
2 Measure the rice. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of brown rice. Rinse the rice thoroughly in a sieve or strainer until the water runs clear. Place the rice into an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
3 Boil the water. Bring 2 1/2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Once the water boils, pour it over the rice, stir once to combine, and cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
4 Bake. Bake the rice on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the aluminium foil and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
In a Rice Cooker
1 Measure the rice. Measure out the amount of rice you wish to cook, usually 1 cup. Rinse the rice thoroughly in cold water, then soak for 45 minutes. This will help to soften the rice.
2 Drain the rice. Drain the rice and pour into the inner vessel of the rice cooker.
3 Add the water. Pour water into the rice cooker until it reaches the 2 1/2 cup to 3 cup mark, depending on how soft you like your rice. Add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
4 Turn the rice cooker on. Fit the lid of the rice cooker on securely, plug it in, and press the switch to turn the cooker to cooking mode. The red light should be on.
5 Leave to cook. Leave the rice to cook for approximately 45 minutes. When the rice is cooked, the cooker should automatically switch to “warm” mode. Fluff the rice up with a fork before serving.
In the Microwave
1 Prepare the dish. Add 3 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of oil to a 2.5 quart microwave-safe dish with a lid. Crumble 2 chicken bullion cubes into the water (optional).
2 Measure the rice. Measure out 1 cup of brown rice. Rinse thoroughly in a sieve until the water runs clear. Sprinkle the rice into the water-filled dish and give it a small stir to combine.
3 Microwave the rice. Place the dish in the microwave and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes on high power. Then cover the dish – without stirring the rice – and cook for 30 minutes on 50% power.
4 Let it rest. Leave the microwave door closed and let the dish sit in it for 10 minutes. Then remove the dish from the microwave and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve.
For a better understanding of healthy foods, please see ‘The World’s Healthiest Foods’.
Out of stock
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.